In 2012 LLOYD COILS EUROPE introduced a new technology of coating called LCE Coating. LCE Coating is a revolutionary technology that protects heat exchanger coils from corrosion, mould and bacteria in a very effective way. Unlike solvent-based coatings, LCE Coating is a water-based product that brings us two significant improvements: Super Hydrophobic effect and anti-microbial protection.
Process that guarantees 100 % penetration & protection. The entire coil is immersed into a liquid form of LCE Coating letting the liquid penetrate even the smallest spaces between fins including fin collar, louvre, heat slots or any other type of forming.
100 % penetration tested on fin block with 24 fins per inch!
In addition, all other parts like U-bends, end-plates, side plates, headers, capillaries are coated and protected as well.
Lloyd Coating benefits:
- Increases the lifetime of your units in highly aggressive environments.
- Anti-microbial protection prevents bacteria from growing inside your units.
- Repairable-on-site coating.
- No impact on capacity.
- 100 % penetration inside coil due to total immersion application.
- Super hydrophobic surface.
- Coating with strong bond to the substrate surface.
Anti-corrosion solution that actually works, LCE Coating makes a protective elastic layer on the whole surface of the coil. This layer is capable of withstanding thermal dilatation of the coil without cracking. Elasticity is a critical ability to prevent the creation of small cracks where corrosion begins. With this ability we can be sure that the protection works while the unit is working in real conditions.
NO MORE CORROSION
Many air units are working in aggressive environments such as ocean coast, food production lines, animal shelters, piggery units and so on where standard protection isn’t enough. LCE Coating offers perfect solution for coils in such environments.
- Passed ASTM B117 salt spray test 10 000 hours in heating/cooling cycles changing temperatures between 60 °C and 5°C
- Passed ASTM G 85 A1 Acetic Acid-Salt spray test to prove positive impact on coils used in food industry.
- Passed ASTM G87 (Moist SO2) Same as G85 utilizing acidic SO2 electrolyte.
- Passed ASTM D552 Flexibility test, which investigates flexibility of coating to bond to the substrate surface of coil.
- Passed ASTM G 85 A5 Indirect spraying of dilute salt and ammonium sulphate at 23°C and followed by 1 hour exposure of dry air at 35°C. Test proving resistance in salt containing environment and industrial applications.
- Passed ASTM G 21 that examines resistance to fungi. Important aspect for evaporators.